Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Little House Guest

Here are a couple of pictures of the little house guest that we have staying with us for a few days. He is a precious little lab mix that was dropped off (along with 5 other brothers and sisters) at a local shelter that is totally unfit for any animal. His brothers and sisters were all adopted on Saturday so he is the only puppy left. A friend of mine has been working really hard to find all of the animals at this shelter good homes so they will not be put to sleep. I offered to watch this little guy for a few days while she rests up and gets her home ready for the next round of dogs that she may be bringing home on Friday. He is a sweetie and has slept most all of the day. That's the reason his eyes are closed in the pictures. Sarah seems to think that he was taken from his momma too early, so he is really in need of a good family to love him and give him lots of extra attention. If anyone reading this knows of someone who may be interested in this little guy then please let me know. You can find out more about him at www.goingtoethiopia.blogspot.com.  I really think he's going to be a great dog. If we didn't travel back and fourth so much to see family then I would keep him. But for the time that we have him, I plan on loving and spoiling him lots! We are going to see how tonight goes with letting him sleep inside the house. So far today he has been effortless. I'm really hoping that he doesn't have his days and nights mixed up. The naps today may backfire on me tonight! I put one of Olivia's little music lambs in the bed with him. I can remember when Carson (my beloved yorkie) was a baby that the breeder told us to let him sleep with a clock because the ticking sound calms dogs and reminds them of their mother's heartbeat. We don't have a clock, but this little lamb was the closest thing I could find. It moves and plays "Jesus Loves Me" so maybe that will work to make him feel safe and secure being away from home. Olivia has been so good with him today. He's played a little and she just eats it up. Once she discovered his cage though, the puppy was old news. She was much more interested in getting in and out of the cage than playing with the puppy. She even tried to put her face down and drink out of the water bowl like the dog does, give him drinks from her sippy cup, and attempted to put one of the puppy's bones in her mouth too. This should be a fun week trying to explain to her that she is a human and is supposed to do things differently than a dog. Oh well I'm sure it will be an eventful week. Hope to get some cute pictures to share with everyone. 




1 comment:

Laura Dawson said...

Sweet of you to help the dog savior out!! She seems a little less stressed. Olivia seems to be enjoying his house!