Saturday, February 14, 2009

Isn't he Lovely... Isn't he Wonderful...

Ok, I'm sure Brian's gonna die when he sees that I posted this picture, but it's about the only one that really turned out today in our little Valentine's day photo shoot. Before I get going any further, yes, my husband IS in tights in this picture! He had just gotten home from baseball practice this morning and that is what they wear under their uniforms when it's cold outside. He begged me to go and let him put some sweatpants on before taking the pictures, but I assured him his legs wouldn't show in the pictures. Sorry, Honey!! I think you look cute in your tights!  

Anyway, Olivia and I were so surprised this morning when we got a knock at the door delivering us two beautiful bouquets of roses. Brian really outdid himself to make both of his girls feel special and loved this Valentine's day. In an effort to try and get Olivia interested in the roses so I could take some pictures, we were literally pulling out all the stops which is the reason for the above picture. Unfortunately she was much more interested in the little Valentine's day "pick" thing that came in the flowers rather than the flowers themselves! Oh well, maybe this will be a sign that she's going to be low maintenance and easy to please. Brian's keeping his fingers crossed, but not holding his breath on that!!

All in all we had a great day and enjoyed being together. I'm so lucky to have my "big" Valentine to love and share life with each and every day. I couldn't imagine nor would I want to go through this journey with anyone else and I'm so thankful for the blessing that he is in my life. And for my "little" valentine who is a constant reminder of the greatness and goodness of God and what complete, total, and absolute love is truly all about. 

The Lord has blessed my life beyond measure with these two precious, precious people and I am the luckiest girl in the world and a better person because of them. 



4 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE the glasses. Too precious that he was willing to do that to make his little girl smile! Isn't it funny what we do to make our kids smile for a picture?

theglenns556 said...

Before I read anything you wrote, I enlarged the picture because I thought "IS HE WEARING TIGHTS???" Thanks for the explanation! ha

Jami Ainsworth said...

great post...I enjoyed it. It is great to have someone special to share our lives...God really knew what he was doing when he invented husbands!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUNNY!!!AND HOW SWEET!!! Yes yall are so blessed to have each other. Don't stop posting, i was so excited when I saw that you had posted something. MISS YA DIANE!