This past week Olivia received a box of "goodies" in the mail from my best friend Amber's mother, Connie. Ms. Connie is the grandmother of 5 little boys with another one the way, so she shops for Olivia in order to get her "girl fix!" Needless to say we don't mind a bit because she sent us several of the most precious outfits for Olivia to wear this spring. One of those outfits happened to be a tutu, so I decided to take advantage of our lazy Sunday morning and attempt to do a photo shoot of Olivia in the tutu.
As soon as I got it on her I took her downstairs to
look at the "baby in the mirror" and see if she
noticed the tutu. It was the cutest thing because the minute she saw herself she started grinning, squealing, touching the mirror, etc. It was totally obvious that she thought she was
hot stuff in that tutu! She paraded around for at least an hour checking herself out, dancing, and playing with the flower on the tank top. Ms. Connie sent a cute flower headband to match the tank top, but I had no luck with that. Olivia absolutely hates headbands and rips them off the minute I put them on her. She's done that ever since she was little, so I have gotten to the point I don't even try anymore. However I am considering starting to wear headbands myself in hopes that she will want to be like momma and wear one too. We'll see how that goes!
After the excitement of the tutu wore off we ventured into the playroom for bubbles, chocolate chip cookies, and reading with Daddy. One of my very favorite pictures is the one of Olivia "strutting her stuff" with tutu on, cookie in hand, and this look on her face that lets us all know that she's a woman on a mission! Aside from her looking identical to Brian, this picture reminds me so much of myself... I really can't explain why but it just does.
Anyway, I tried to capture the moment in pictures, but she is so active now that it's really hard to get cute shots of her when she is actually looking at the camera. However we were able to get a few so I just wanted to share them with everyone. By the way, another "first" this week is that terrible bruise you see on her face. Poor baby got so excited dancing while watching American Idol that she slipped and hit her cheek on the coffee table. It looks terrible I know, but luckily she was fine.
Thank you Ms. Connie for the cute tutu!! It helped make our morning a special one to remember.
4 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!! What a cutie!
Natalie is in love with tutus too..maybe because her Mimi is too. I will later post a link on facebook and a my blog of a person who is selling them. She and I are trading out images for tutus. It is soooo cool.
And believe it or not...wearing the headband yourself may work...when Cari was this age doing beauty pageants...yes, we were a little superficial (like Jon Benet's mom w/o money)...back to the point. I wanted her to wear hats for sportswear, etc. So I would wear them when we danced to "her" songs. I would call them dancing hats...oh the memomories that you make with your little one...as you can see they will last forever or least for a while...my Cari is 16 now!
And Cari did begin to wear hats and had quite a love for them! So give it a try with Olivia...try hats too. I had a friend who's daughter didnt' have much hair and that's what she wore a lot...was cute hats!
By the way, adorable post. Thanks for sharing...and I am sorry for being so long-winded!
Hey Danielle ~I found your blog playing on blogger ~ I was reading and figured out whose blog it was! Your little girl is too cute! :)
Amber Tuttle Dowdy
www.thedowdysdoings.blogspot.com
Post a Comment