Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Whirlwind

Our life has seemed like such a whirlwind since the last time I posted! This is literally one of the first chances I have had in about a month to sit down at an actual computer and type.  All is well, just crazy busy these days.

Since my last post, my mother underwent brain surgery for full removal of her tumor. We praise God that the doctor's were able to get it all out with very few complications. She is recovering nicely, but still has a really long way to go. The main issue she is dealing with right now pertains to her eye and it's inability to open and close and stay moist. She is having to use lots of eye drops and wear an occasional patch in order to help it heal. The doctor's believe it is temporary, but frustrating for her in the meantime. She will go back to Baton Rouge on Thursday for a checkup and to make sure everything is healing as it should. We are so thankful for all of the prayers that everyone prayed and continues to pray about this situation. It appears that she is going to be just fine and hopefully back to her self in a few short months.

Brian's summer ball is in full swing and keeping us all really busy. He has travel tournaments every Thursday-Saturday throughout the month of June. We are having a great time following the team even though their wins this summer have been few.  I feel like all we have done is run the road so far this summer , but I wouldn't want it any other way. 

We found out this past week that Olivia has to have yet another set of  ear tubes. This will be her third set in less than a year. Luckily this time, we are going straight to the top and supposedly to the best of the best...The Shae Ear Clinic in Memphis. We were fortunate enough to get a quick appointment thanks to a referral by her pediatrician. She said in chronic cases like O's, that this would be the best place to go to find out what all is going on. I hate it so much for her,  but I know it's something that has to be done. Our appointment is set for June 17 so hopefully after that we can go ahead and get things going and have this issue taken care of.

If I knew where my camera was I would post pictures, but right now I have no clue! I will work on that between now and the next time I post. We will be in and out most of July with vacation, trips back home, getting away for Brian's birthday, etc. I know O and I will be so spoiled by the end of the summer when Brian has to go back to work and can't be at home with us everyday. But in the meantime, we are loving every minute of all of our time together and having a ball.

Just wanted to update and let everyone know that we are doing great, my mother is recovering well, and we are having a a wonderful summer. I hope that the same holds true for everyone else as well. Thanks for checking in with us. 

 


2 comments:

theglenns556 said...

Thanks for the update! I have been wondering about your mom and praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to share this interesting piece about a hybrid cochlear ear implant that provides opportunity those with hearing deficits.
http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/hybrid-cochlear-implants-may-offer-patients-sounds-joy-12679.html