Monday, April 20, 2009

Last of the Easter Pictures

Here are a few final pictures taken at lunch on Easter Sunday in Natchez. Brian's parents (aka: Mimzi and Pop G) were not able to join us for Easter, but they sent Olivia the most beautiful PURPLE Easter basket (don't know it that one was for me or for her really:) filled with all kinds of clothes, toys, and goodies since they were not able to be with us. Below is a picture of Olivia with the bunny that was in the basket. Last year for her first Easter, Mimzi sent a ballerina bunny very similar to this one but she was dressed in green. We have loved that little bunny so much that we've made it a "decoration" in O's room and one of those little "look but don't touch" kinda things because it was so pretty and I didn't want to see her mess it up. Well, as you can see Mimzi found another bunny just like it this year, but she is all dolled up in hot pink and too, too cute! Olivia absolutely loved this little bunny! We had to bribe her to eat by telling her that she could "feed" the bunny. We have lovingly named her "RayRay" (long story...won't explain) and she is now placed right beside the other bunny on O's dresser in her bedroom. Mimzi told me that she is going to try to find one for her every Easter so she will have a little collection and it will be a "tradition" for her. I think that is the sweetest and greatest thing. I don't really remember if I had collections as a child, but I'm so thankful that O has such a wonderful grandmother who literally goes overboard to make things so special for her. Brian and I both are so blessed to have two sets of wonderful parents who are both still married and who love and support us as a couple and adore our little girl. We really couldn't ask for more. It's such a comfort to know that Olivia will have grandparents in her life that will love, guide, and help direct her in Godly ways and that we as parents will never have to worry about leaving her alone with them and fear that she is seeing or hearing things at too young an age. The only thing I think we'll have to worry about is them all spoiling her too much and then sending her back home! Oh well, if that's the biggest issue we have to deal with then I consider us blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o boy does she.... just like her daddy! You need to have at least one more to see if you can have one to look at little like you!!! She is beautiful!!! MISS YA

Jami Ainsworth said...

Holidays are so special with little ones...aren't they?

I tagged you too. Check it out on my personal blog:
Worth Remembering.