Monday, January 26, 2009

Random Funny Story From Last Week

Normally I don't really think to write about those random funny things that happen day in and day out, but this one in particular has kept me laughing all week so I just thought I'd share. It's kinda long, but I really do think it's funny.

Anyway last week was one of "those" weeks for me. I really can't pinpoint what it was. Probably just a combination of winter blues, Olivia having been sick the week before, Brian being gone alot due to school and baseball, boredom, etc.  Anyway, Wednesday night I just one of those girly, drama filled, meltdown moments where I just let it all by crying, venting, and complaining for no "real" reason at all. I'm sure all you girls reading this will understand what I'm talking about. 

After about thirty minutes of me feeling sorry for myself and sharing all of my frustrations with Brian and him trying to offer up all those "fix it" solutions to something that clearly couldn't be fixed (because there really wasn't an actual problem...it was just one of those moods) I changed modes a bit. I got over my boohoo session and I started asking him all of those needy, fishing for compliment type questions in hopes that he would say something really sweet, sensitive, and heart felt to make me feel good and special and loved.  I don't even remember what I was specifically asking him but apparently it involved matters of my self-worth, significance, am I good at this or that, talents, etc.  As soon as I stopped blabbing I asked him to share his thoughts on what all I had been saying.  Thinking he was just going to say something sweet to pacify and make me feel better, without missing a bit Brian goes "I think you've got alot of potential there Kit Deluka"! All of you Pretty Woman fans can appreciate this just as much as I did! Needless to say that was all I needed to make me feel better and put things in perspective.  Each time I think about it I just start laughing all over again. Did I mention how much I ADORE this man? He keeps me laughing and going like no one else can. 

3 comments:

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

that's LOVE...someone that can make you laugh at your bluest moments:)

theglenns556 said...

Way to go Brian!!!

Laura Dawson said...

I LOVE Pretty Woman...have have watched it over and over again for the last 15 years! So Sweet!