Friday, October 24, 2008

Wide awake...again!!

Once again, I'm up in the middle of the night wide awake now that Olivia Kate has finally learned to sleep through the night! There is something definitly wrong with this picture. For the past several nights, I've just shot up out of bed ready to go around 3:15-3:30 and tonight (or should I say this morning is no different). The other morning when I woke up I got on this random crazy cleaning kick where I was scrubbing baseboards and door frames at 4:00am and I have no clue why. Those of you who know me well know that this is SO NOT ME, but I guess if I'm up I may as well be productive.

We've had a good week. Fortunately our kitchen project is pretty much done and we are starting to feel more settled and our house is beginning to feel more like home. I'm so glad to get to that point. I finally feel like we are at a place where we will stay for awhile. Brian and I moved four times in one year( if you count moving in and out of storage and in and out of an apartment), so needless to say, I am really ready to stay put awhile. Brian still really seems to like his job and is looking forward to baseball season starting in the spring. Olivia and I have branched out some and have started to hang out more with some of the other coaches wives and their children. We are having her first birthday party here at our house the second weekend in November and have invited alot of people in hopes that will be a good way for us to get to know them better in addition to celebrating our little girl's first birthday.

I can not belieive an entire year has come and gone since Olivia was born. It seems like just yesterday that Brian and I were in the hospital waiting for the doctors to take me into the delievery room. She is the most precious gift God has ever given us and I adore that little girl more than anything in the world. Each day I find myself literally begging the Lord not to take her from us by way of illness or human error. I think I'm going through this crazy phase right now where I am beginning to fear for her life. Not only for her life, but selfishly, I fear what I would do without her. I can't imagine life without her. I adore every single moment and look so forward to the days, weeks, and years ahead. Fortunatley Brian is good about reminding me that God gave her to us, but ultimately she is His and we just have to trust that whatever plans He has for her are for the best. I'm so lucky to have a Godly husband who keeps me lifted up and inspired when I tend to dwell on things so completely out of my controll.

Anyway we are looking forward to the next few weeks and all that they have instore. Olivia and I will be going to Natchez on Wednesday and Brian will be coming down on Friday night. We have two engagment parties to go to for my sister's wedding this weekend. Fortunately my mother is going to pick up Olivia and I half way inbetween Ripley and Natchez so she doesn't have to make the quick trip down there and back this weekend. I'm looking forward to going too and spending a few extra days with my parents. We are planning to take Olivia to a Halloween Festival at their church on Wednesday, so that should be fun. It's her first Halloween!! I'll be sure and try to post lots of pictures as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Laksiri Sampath said...

congratulation's 4 u'r blogging from srilanka

theglenns556 said...

Did you hear that Olivia Kate will share her birthday with Eli? Amanda will be induced at 5:30 Thursday morning.

Big party plans for OK?

Anonymous said...

Time to step up the blogging Pepper!

theglenns556 said...

Hey, what is your mailing address? I want to send Olivia Kate a birthday gift. (a little late!)