Hey Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I've finally decided to ATTEMPT to enter the wonderful world of blogging! Those of you who know me well know that I am not at all a hi-tech kind of girl, so hopefully I'll be able to figure this thing out and get some pictures posted soon.
I hope that this will be a good way for everyone to watch Olivia Kate grow now that we are away from all of our family and friends.
We are all doing good and enjoying life in Ripley so far. Brian really seems to like his new job, so we are really thankful for that. He is teaching two ninth grade P.E. classes and will be coaching baseball in the spring. He's also taking some graduate courses one night a week at Union University in Jackson. He already has his master's, but now that he is in education he has to take even more courses. I told him he may as well go on and get his PhD since he's already had to do this much. Needless to say he's really busy these days, but he's doing really good.
As for me and Olivia Kate, we haven't gotten quite as settled and on a routine as Brian just yet. Most of our days are spent running the road (suprise, suprise!!) but I'm really going to try to settle down some and start staying home more. I think the year that we spent in Natchez I feel like all I did was stay at home, so we're making up for lost time! The Lord knew that I needed a little girl who likes to go as much as I do. It's pitiful, but its to the point that I can say "Olivia Kate, you want to go shopping?" and she just looks at me and starts giggling as if to say "well yeah!" She even tries to push the buggy now at Walmart and gets excited when she sees me take the grocery cart cover out of the car! She is such a mess and the biggest delight of our life. We had no idea what a blessing this little girl would be to us. She is developing the sweetest, cutest little personality and is into everything. I'm sure every parent reading this feels the same way about their child. That's one thing that attracted me to blogging so much...you can talk about how wonderful your child is and no one thinks your bragging because everyone else is doing the exact same thing on their blog and that is what everyone wants to hear about anyway! So it works out really good!
My inspiration to blog came from my sweet friend Nicki Glenn. Nicki was our pastor's wife when we lived in Natchez and she and her husband Dan are the greatest people. They have a precious little boy named Jonah and basically his entire life has been documented via blogging. It's the neatest thing. Nicki doesn't let a single day go by without photographing Jonah and basically all of their days and the things that they do are captured on their blogg. It's great so be sure to check it out( www.theglenngang.blogspot.com)
Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know about our blog. Like I said I am hoping to figure out how to download pictures and will do so once I figure it out. I hope that this will be a fun way to keep in touch with people and that I'll be consistent with it.
Happy 13th Birthday, Jonah
-
Dear Jonah,
13 years ago, your room was ready for you. We spent many hours painting,
putting furniture together and imagining you enjoying your colorful...
7 years ago
5 comments:
LOVE IT! So glad you are blogging. We miss you guys and are so happy to be able to get a peek into your lives.
Any plans for the big first birthday coming up? Will you be here at all around then?
Nicki told me about your new blog, so I had to come and check it out. I can't wait to read all about Life at the Pepper's! I'm glad you guys are doing well!
Danielle, I was glad to discover your blog on Nicki's. I occassionally check out the links on hers just to see if they are someone I might now. I found you today! I, too, entered the world of blogging because of Nicki. In fact, I have 3 blogs now (1. for Natalie, 2. for my business, and 3. one for family). Natalie's mommy started one since movie to Baton Rouge.
I hate that we didn't get to do a portrait session for Olivia Kate before you moved. Maybe we can sometime when y'all come in for a visit.
Looking forward to watching Olivia Kate grow through blogging. Your family will love it too. Brittany's doesn't stay on top of Natalie's new blog, but I love seeing and reading over and over everything she posts. I miss that little girl so much. I bet your family is going throug withdrawsl w/o Olivia Kate.
Looking forward to more.
SO PRECIOUS!! THIS IS JILL! G'S BLOG IS www.garrettcclark.blogspot.com
Wow...you are quite the popular blogger! 4 comments already! Whoo-hooo!
Post a Comment